Thursday, May 8, 2008

What were you taking this medicine for?

Yuck!  One other complication of being fat is that things tend to get lost in fat rolls...
I had this lady once who was so large she couldn't walk.  When you're that large, and can't get up, you certainly can't wipe your ass and clean yourself... 
While examining her, I noticed that she had a pretty severe fungal skin infection within her fat rolls, or "pannus" as we like to call it.  When I lifted up one roll, I found a prescription bottle stuck within the roll...  After peeling it out, I looked at the label and realized she hadn't told me that she was taking this medicine...  Well, actually, she hadn't taken it in about 2 months.  At least that's how long ago the prescription was filled, and it was almost full.

She didn't know what that prescription was for, or why it was prescribed to her.  Apparently she hadn't been taking it.  
What a surprise.

No comments: